Wednesday, May 13, 2015

THE FUSE

I started on a really small scale, since this was my first time using The Fuse by We R Memory Keepers. After a class at Papertales in San Diego, I was inspired to put The Fuse and all of the goodies we got to use!  In the class, we cut down 6x8 photo sleeves from Simple Stories Snap! so they would fit in an A5 binder/album that we decorated. I decided I wanted to experiment on these pages to get the hang of this awesome new tool.

There are two tips; one for fusing the pages together to make pockets (any size YOU want!) and the other tip for for cutting. I haven't use the cutting tip yet.

A few things:
  • It's best to have a surface such as a big cardboard piece (I used a piece from a Home Depot moving box, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy) on which to put your page protector.
  • Be careful! The tip gets hot! Obviously, but um, don't ask me why I'm warning you about it. It's not like I tried to touch it or anything...(psst....I did.)
  • Press firmly as your roll it down the page protector to insure that it fuses well and won't be easy to be undone. 
  • Keep in mind that what you fuse on the front of your page protector, you will also fuse on the back. Plan your layouts accordingly. I made sure I knew how I wanted to layout my photos, papers and embellishments I wanted on both the front and back before I started to fuse.
I used the fuse on the right page protector. I fused a couple of the 2x2 squares diagonally, down the middle. I wanted to add some dimension to it so I glued down some gold chipboard triangles and dropped some sequins and little stars in the bottom right 2x2 pockets to fall where it may. Then I fused the pocket shut.


Here's the back of the page I fused. The paper I used was double-sided and I liked the back so I decided to use it. I just added a couple of clear stickers and an 'XO' wood veneer. 

I mostly used Amy Tangerin's Rise & Shine Collection for these layouts.



I can't wait to use this tool on more projects. Imagine the possibilities! For now, I am looking forward to trying with some of these: 

  • 12x12 pages for odd shapes and sizes
  • old family photos, from my childhood AND those odd sized photos from the 70's and 80's!
  • Shaker pockets!
What ideas do you have for The Fuse? 







No comments:

Post a Comment