Thursday, April 3, 2014

Project Life: Update on the new Process

In a post from January, I listed a few ways I'd be doing Project Life this year. I've got some mixed feelings about it so far. Here's why:

  • For example, when I share layouts on social media, I can write, "Week 5." I'm just here, like "Sometimes in March..." (I don't know why that bothers me a little bit.) 
  • I am only in March and my album is almost full! (I am usually able to split the year down the middle, starting the second album in June.) I'm not quite sure if that's because more is happening this year than the past years, or if I'm just not worrying about fitting the whole week into a 2-page layout. 
  • For some reason, I'm adding more than I usually do to my layouts. and I like it. I'm missing the absence of color or "pop" in my layout because I'm not adding in my Week title card. The up side to that is I find myself getting more creative with the photo sizes I'm printing out, so that I can add more color and embellishments to most of the pockets. 
  • I take loads of photos, but I am only putting in ones I'm truly passionate about. I'm not putting them in my album to just be able to say I took a picture for that day. I like that....yet, my album is almost full in March! The reason why is probably right in my face, but it's still a mystery to me!
  • Not EVERY photo needs a play by play in my journaling of what we did that day. Sometimes, a quote or a simple sentence sums it up. Or nothing at all. Just the picture. 
  • I'm not creating as many layouts because I'm always doing Project Life. I need to start that again. I have a few photos I've left out of my Project Life album specifically for layouts. So I need to get those done. 
So am I liking the omission of weekly title cards? Yes and No. But I know myself; Since I've started that way, I will commit to finishing the year that way. We'll see what I can and can't do without by the end of the year, when it's time to start 2015...Wow. That's seems so far away as I type, yet It's already April. Time zooms right by, doesn't it?

Here are my "Sometime in March" layouts:


All but one of these cards are from Studio Calico Project Life Kits. The black and white striped card is from the Project Life Midnight Edition.




Divergent needed a page all its own; However, as I am writing this post, I realized that I messed up my journaling on the movie review card. Allegiant is the last book; I should have written Insurgent instead. Oh well! I can fix it (or not). The right side is a mix of Studio Calico's March Office Hours Project Life kit, February's Sugar Rush kit, and the "Today" card is from Project Life Kiwi Edition. 



More of the Office Hours kit in this layout also. I had fun with he transparent 3x4 cards in the kit. The "captured" card was made by adhering sequence onto it, slipping it into the pocket, and adhering "captured" and the cork circle outside of the pocket.



Here's an example of how I am using the title cards (since I am not using Week title cards.) I used one of the title cards to label Spring Break. This layout was made using the Project Life Kiwi Edition, along with some embellishments. Love the cards in this kit!



No comments:

Post a Comment