Monday, February 3, 2014

The Valentine Tradition Continues

For anyone who doesn't know, I have a tradition for my daughter, who was born on Valentine's Day. I give her one valentine a day, from February 1st to February 14th. I make all of them. I think it's a great way to keep it personal and special for my girl. I'll be posting a few of them as we count down the days until her birthday.

On January 31, after she is asleep, I set it up with her first valentine for the month. I get "just a little" excited...


Here they are: 

FEBRUARY 1st
The globe is from a Heidi Swapp clear stamp set. I hand drew the stand for the globe. I decided to write for this card so she could have some of my handwriting to look back at later. I also used Freckled Fawn Heart and Cloud washi tape, red card stock that I misted with Heid Swapp's Color Shine in White, and I trimmed down a Becky Higgins Project Life 3x4 grid card and her corner rounder to round off the edges of it all. 


FEBRUARY 2nd
Believe or not, I used a card that was just a part of the packaging from one of my Studio Calico Project Life kits and adhered a piece of pink cardstock I found in my left over scraps bin. I got lucky with the back of it already being lined and ready for journaling. The 'FOX' is Heidi Swapp stickers I had on hand. The smaller white stickers are Making Memories tiny alpha stickers


FEBRUARY 3rd
The base card is yet another packaging card from my December Studio Calico Project Life kit. 
I covered up the wording/advertisement on the card with Katniss Everdeen and red card stock. The hearts are EK Success dimensional stickers, and the arrows are clear stamps from (again) one of my Project Life kits. Wood veneer arrow, also made by Studio Calico. If you have any "Panemaniacs" in your life, you can print out some Hunger Games Valentines here


She may be getting older, but she still loves getting these from me (thank goodness)! 




No comments:

Post a Comment