Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Family Vacation 2012 (Yes, I said 2012)

We went on our first family vacation in June, last year. We went to Kentucky for my cousin's wedding and headed to Florida afterward to take Keilani to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando. She has waited so long to experience it; almost as long as she has been waiting for Mommy to finally finish putting those memories in a book so she can enjoy looking through them!

I finally did, last week.

While we were shopping in the Wizarding World, I purchased a cute Harry Potter themed luggage tag album. It measured 4x6, held 102 photos, and boy, did I fill it up! I didn't think I forgot that I even had that many photos! I thought I would have to remove some of the pockets. The finished product is pretty chunky.




If I put the Marauder's Map in one of the pockets, it would be a pain to take it out every time we wanted to see it, so I adhered it to the inside cover for easy access. I wasn't sure if my small Zots would be strong enough on the material but it worked great!

Here is a peek inside. 

I bought Harry Potter theme scrapbooking paper and embellishments for the album. Nothing fancy, every page is simple. The photos alone were very decorative. The Paper just gave it a little more pop. 




You can't tell unless you look VERY closely, but I spelled Myrtle's name wrong. I cut a matching piece from the same paper I cut to make the journaling card, stuck it on top of the mistake and wrote her name correctly. Meh...it'll do.



1 comment:

  1. You did a fabulous job on this album, Lorimay! I'm sure your daughter thinks it is definitely worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete