Thursday, January 31, 2013

PROJECT LIFE WEEKS 2 TO 4

I'm finally up to date with Project Life. We're in week 5 right now and I usually wait until Sunday of each week to review my pictures and start laying out. I made some changes to my week 3 because my Seafoam Core Kit came in. So I ditched the printable journaling cards that I printed out on regular copy paper and put fresh, new ones in their place. (For some reason, my printer wouldn't take my cardstock, although it used to....anyone know how to fix that)?

The beauty of Project Life is that you don't have to cut and adhere (sometimes I do, but not always, depending on how busy I am.) It's just me, my pictures, my Core Kit, and my thoughts. When life gets busy, it is comforting to know I can just pick up these title and journaling cards and get it done instead of staring at my stock in my scrap closet, wondering which paper goes with what stickers, etc.

I just added a couple of things to my layout: Letter stickers from the Studio Calico Project Life Kit and numbers from Lilybee design; wood veneer camera from Studio Calico that I colored orange with a Paper Mate flair marker. You never need to add anything to the Core Kits since they add so much "pop"by themselves, but I wanted to place the title Week 2 somewhere on the layout. 
 

Of course, CHA had to have its own extra insert! 

Week 3, adjusted. 

Week 4






3 comments:

  1. I really like your pages. They make me want to go out and buy the Seafoam edition (It has been so hard for me to decide on a kit).

    Your handwriting is really beautiful. May I ask what kind of pen you use for your journaling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a hard time deciding also. Seafoam is so lovely and the kit that I gravitated to the most. It has a modern flare and you can create so many combinations with your layouts. The pens I use journaling are the American Crafts Precision pens in all point sizes (mostly using points 5 and 8). The pens are very smooth.

      Delete
  2. You Project Life pages is such a inspiration! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete