Monday, January 7, 2013

PROJECT LIFE LEFTOVERS.

Who says no one likes left overs? I disagree...

In the beginning of 2012, I couldn't decide on which Projec Life Core kit I wanted, so I bought both!  Now, wrapping up 2012 has me trying to figure out what I want to do with the abundance of left over Project Life journaling and filler cards I have. I thought of a couple fast and easy ways to use them:

I don't really do any gratitude or I-am-grateful-for journals during the year, so I figured I would make a layout of what I feel truly blessed to have in 2012. 


This quick flip book was inspired by a Christmas present I bought my daughter from Image3D, a website that makes reels for your very own View Finder (Check it out; It would make an awesome present for anyone)! I made her a reel of the Cool Things that happened in 2012. I decided that I wanted her to write about what she thought were the coolest things that she did in 2012. I let her pick the pictures she wanted, adhered them to journaling cards, secured them with a cute brad and let her journal away! She had a lot of fun doing it. Of course, I always have fun reading what she wrote.



Her coolest things of 2012:
  1. 10th birthday party was Harry Potter themed, at an indoor soccer arena, where she played Quidditch with her party guests and enjoyed the themed candy buffet.
  2. Tried out for a better Soccer Club, Legends FC and made it on to a great team. 
  3. Watched a friendly; US Women's U20 Soccer Team Vs. China, met the team and got their autographs.
  4. Mustache Duct Tape. Enough said.
  5. We went on our very first family Vacation to Orlando, Florid, where she FINALLY got to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 
  6. This little girl gets so lucky with the celebrity sitings. She spotted Zayn Malik, from One Direction in one of the Universal Studio stores, purchasing Berty Bott's Every Flavoured Beans. She took a picture with him.
  7. Her Soccer Team was OC Premier Tournament Champions, taking away the returning champion's title.
  8. She met Hope Solo! 
  9. Met Abby Wambach, Heather O'Reily, and Megan Rapinoe from the US Women's National team!
  10. For Halloween, she was Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. 
  11. She participated for the first time, in The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk with her Best buds; in memory of our Aunt that passed away from Breast Cancer, just a month before.
  12. She and her best buds made a new pre-game tradition together: Dads clean their cleats, listen to their "Pump it Up" music, have blue Gatorade, and PRAY.
I would say she picked some great memories for "The Coolest of 2012."




I got lucky on this last one. My daughter wants to start a Project Life of her own, so I was happy to give her the rest of my cards. I am really excited that she will be doing this and I can't wait to see how she documents her year. I inspired my daughter....That's definitely another amazing blessing.


I completed my 2012 Project Life at last! I kept my final page simple. I love the "THE END, but not really" card from the Cobalt Edition Core Kit. I can't wait to get my new Core Kit in, so that I can start 2013. I've got pictures just waiting for their story to be told. Bring it on, 2013! 


4 comments:

  1. I love that your daughter wants to make her own Project Life album. That's awesome! She looks so excited. I really like how you used those extra cards to document things you're thankful for. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with your extra cards. The blessed page is really neat. I am going to do that. I did the cobalt edition last year and just finished mine up last week! So nice to have it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen and I agree! Getting 2012 out of the way makes focusing on 2013 all the more fun. :) Also, it's nice to know that you can document what you're blessed to have in such a simple way; without having to make a whole mini album to do it, right?

      Delete